Our Chattanooga-based design internship program offers students or newly graduated individuals the opportunity to learn about Very, gain first-hand experience designing digital products, and learn from our senior design staff to help develop invaluable design skills and industry knowledge.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a passion for design/UX, someone who loves to tell stories, and is a creative thinker. We are looking for someone who knows how to work with a team, will commit themselves to learning, and also wants to work in an environment that fosters innovation.
While working at Very, interns are exposed to every facet of user experience (UX) design from idea conception, to wireframing, to user interface design, and even a bit of front-end development.
This is a part-time internship based out of our headquarters in Chattanooga, TN.
• Working with our senior design team members.
• Posting to our social media accounts.
• Designing and proofing marketing materials.
• Working on the company website.
• Assisting with general company operations and office management.
Define what a successful internship is to you! We want to help you achieve this through teaching, learning, and doing.
• Located in Chattanooga, or willing to commute.
• Pursuing a degree in design or related field.
• Available a minimum of 20 hours a week.
• A portfolio that demonstrates your commitment to design.
• Examples of teamwork, creative problem solving, diligence, and strong work ethic.
• Ability to tell a story to a group.
• Ability to multi-task, and take initiative when the opportunity arises.
• Ability to take direction, and constructive critique.
• Experience with copywriting, and brand messaging.
• Familiarity with the design tools we use: Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
To apply, send your portfolio and resume, along with a paragraph or two about why you’re interested in the opportunity to intern at Very to email@example.com.