Expanding Processes and Engaging Customers
In my new role, I’m looking forward to leading and growing Very’s product management team. Very already has a history of bringing complex, state-of-the-art products to market, so I’ll be working to keep us moving quickly and adapting our tools, templates, and processes to changing customer needs.
My favorite part of directing programs is getting involved with customer engagements. There’s nothing more exciting than delivering a product for a customer that meets the needs of the business, and watching and directing how that product transforms throughout the development process.
Based on what I’ve learned so far, the calls I’ve joined, and my past experience, here are a few things we’re already doing at Very that give me confidence in our ability to drive results for customers:
- Defining project goals through a rigorous Technical Design Sprint process
- Using agile and lean development practices and tools like Jira to make sure every hour we bill is put to good use
- Maintaining a strong, tightly defined communication cadence with clients using tools like Slack and Zoom
- Ensuring a seamless remote experience with a remote code of conduct that requires a professional workspace, reliable WiFi, high-quality visual and audio equipment, and consistent core working hours (9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST.)
- Bringing in technology that can add major value to IoT solutions, like data science and predictive maintenance
- Ensuring product quality with a strong QA practice
- Approaching each project with security in mind
Begin a Project with Very
If the above qualities sound like the things you’re looking for in an IoT development firm, I’d love to work with you. Reach out here, and let’s set up some time to talk about your project.