Episode 28: Building a Hub to Manage Millions of Other People’s Devices
With Lucas Haldeman
Founder & CEO of SmartRent
In this episode of Over the Air - IoT, Connected Devices, & the Journey, Ryan Prosser, CEO of Very, is joined by Lucas Haldeman, Founder, and CEO of SmartRent. They discuss how SmartRent leverages the strategy of developing and maintaining quality partnerships to successfully manage IoT devices at scale. They also explore how to find product-market fit in the rental ecosystem while balancing owner asset protection and renters' privacy concerns.
-Importance and determiners of successful partnership in IoT
-Foundations for product-market fit when building integrated products
-Frameworks for developing and maintaining quality partnerships
- Scale management of IoT devices
- The complexities associated with integrations as a hardware-agnostic company
- Eliminating security concerns for owners of assets
- Balancing renters' privacy and owner's asset security concerns in a rental market
- The importance of ensuring long-term customer value
- Criteria for finding the right-size partner
- Managing continued product innovation
-Growing by acquiring the right companies.
Lucas is an entrepreneur at heart; he founded SmartRent because he recognized the real challenges that all property owners faced. He realized that there were no comprehensive solutions that could address or solve these challenges so used technology to provide an efficient and scalable fix.
Never miss an episode of Over The Air by subscribing wherever you listen to podcasts.
Stay up to date on all IoT news, reviews, and much more!
Our award-winning team is ready to discuss your next hardware, software, or product development project.