As a Software Engineer at Very, James spends his time writing well-tested, reusable code to build amazing solutions for Very clients.
Python, Java, Kotlin
Docker, MongoDB, Node.js
- Fuse Engineering, Software Engineer
- Sotera Defense Solutions, Software Engineer
Awards & Certifications
- Deep Learning Specialization
- Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship
- M101JS: MongoDB for Node.js Developers
- M102: MongoDB for DBA
Before joining Very, James was a software engineer for Fuse Engineering, where he utilized open-source software to train entity recognition models, ran experiments to optimize BLEU scores for statistical machine translation models, and implemented a REST API to execute Spark queries through a web front end. James also holds a Master's degree in Applied and Computational Mathematics from Johns Hopkins University, and a BS in Computer Science from Johns Hopkins as well.
In his spare time, James is an avid swimmer, weight trainer, and gamer.