IoT Embedded Software Engineer
As an IoT Embedded Software Engineer at Very, Melvin creates high-quality embedded software for the IoT products we help our clients build.
ARM Cortex MO/M0+, M3, Cortex M4, ARM7DMI,ARM926EJ-S, 8051, PIC, AVR, x86
Embedded networking stacks
TCP/IP, UDP, CoAP
Embedded systems design
bare metal, Proprietary RTOS and embedded Linux
Serial communications protocols
I2C, SPI, CAN, RS232, RS485, TSic
6LowPAN, Zigbee, Bluetooth/BLE, LoRa
Mesh networking systems
6LowPAN (Contiki), RPL and theircorresponding MAC and physical layers
- Amatis Controls LLC, Director of Engineering (2015-2019)
- Four Lakes Technology, Software Engineer (2012-2014)
- Automated Industrial Designs, Electrical Engineer (Founder/Partner) (2009-2012)
- John Deere, Embedded Software Engineer (2006-2009)
Awards & Certifications
- Awarded patent US9642022B2 for wireless network design, commissioning, and controls for HVAC
Melvin is the inventor of awarded patent US9642022B2 for wireless network design, commissioning, and controls for HVAC, water heating, and lighting system optimization.
Melvin's hobbies outside of work include reading, photography, guitar, hiking, and learning new languages.