Smart City Solutions in a Riskier World, Post COVID-19 Crisis
Watch this video to hear expert panelists speak about how Smart Cities are adapting to the new realities of the COVID-19 crisis.
This talk originally aired on May 7, 2020.
In their quest to move to “smart”, many cities learn very quickly that the journey is challenging due to multiple dimensions of complexity.
This session’s panel of Smart City practitioners will discuss a range of topics; including:
- What are the real smart city applications being implemented today at scale and what are their benefits?
- What are the key IT/IoT technologies that municipalities are relying on to enable a Digital City “Operating System” for deploying smart city devices and services?
- How is data being “liberated” from outdoor city assets, collected, visualized, and acted on to solve for such problems as improved public safety, energy efficiency, and sustainability, smart mobility – traffic and parking, economic development, operational improvement/asset management?
- How will the complementary technologies of IoT, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence be utilized to solve real-world problems?
- What are the major challenges and opportunities cities face and what collaborative ecosystems are required to make Smart Cities a reality?